Self-cleaning façade paint with Lotus-Effect®
Self-cleaning, innovative exterior paint with the Lotus-Effect®. Water is unable to
get a grip on the surface, and dirt simply washes off in the rain, keeping the façade
clean and dry for longer.
To ensure that the Lotus-Effect® works it is essential to prepare the surface with
For further information, visit the Lotusan FAQ.
|Colour range:||Available in a selection of 500 colours from the StoColor System|
|Pack size:||5ltr, 15ltr|
|Consumption:||Approx. 5-6m2 per litre depending on substrate|
|Application:||Roller, brush or airless spray device|
- Prevents water and dirt from settling on the surface. Any loose dirt is simply washed
away when it rains.
- By preventing damp and dirt deposits, StoLotusan Color provides the best natural
protection against algae growth on the painted surface.
- StoLotusan Color is a water based paint, free of solvents, biocides and other volatile
- Excellent weather and UV resistance.
- Not suitable for timber or metal substrates.
- Consumption rates shown are per coat. StoLotusan Color requires two coats to perform as intended. A 5m2 wall should therefore require 2 litres of paint.
- Requires rain water to work as intended.
- An algicidal film formation is added to StoLotusan Color to protect it during the curing process. Rain will naturally remove this ingredient once the paint has dried. This process takes approx. 2-6 weeks, during which time the Lotus-Effect® will not be 100% active.
- Oily materials, such as motor oil and tar, can’t be washed away using the Lotus-Effect®.
- It should be noted that some water-borne/greasy deposits can cause staining, especially over detailing that can cause water to regularly drip onto the painted surface. It is therefore particularly important to ensure that cappings are used and that StoLotusan Color paint is only applied at 150mm above ground level to avoid ground water splashing.